Tuesday 22 February 2011

Food snapshot; yesterday and today

I didn't weigh in yesterday as I said I would Sunday night.  I already have my graph and weekly targets set for Thursdays, so it's best just to stick to that and suck it up.

Anyway, I did do something I said I would. Yay me.  I took some pictures of what I'm eating.

So, for lunch yesterday I had leftover chicken that was roasted in the oven with sweet potato, onion, garlic cloves and cherry tomatoes.  I also steamed some green veg and a few carrots to go alongside it.

Lunch yesterday










































For lunch today I had a warm chicken and pumpkin salad.  I just roasted a couple of slices of butternut pumpkin (or squash as they call it in the UK) with some pan fried chicken thigh fillets, lettuce mix, red onion and beetroot.  I also splashed on a little of my fave salad dressing which I make myself (honey, white balsamic vinegar and extra virgin olive oil).  'Twas yummy.

Lunch today



























As you can see from both pictures, I love pepper :)

Not sure what I will have for dinner tonight. I should try and be organised and cut up some veg again, but I might just have what I had for lunch.  It was quick and easy to make once the pumpkin and chicken were cooked, which was made even quicker as I left the peel on the pumpkin. Some people don't like that, but the extra texture is cool with me.

I did go for a 30 minute walk yesterday, but I need to make that a regular occurrence and also for longer periods of time.  I have been super tired lately (not sure what's wrong with me, I slept for more than 10 hours last night and I am still tired!), but one of these days when I get up at 7am to turn off my alarm I will actually stay up, put my sneakers on, my headphones in and head out the door for an hours walk.

No comments:

Post a Comment