Monday 28 February 2011

Cup of tea

I just wanted to write a little bit about a good old cup of tea.  I'm a big fan.  I love my tea, so long as it's made to my specific requirements...

Between my family and friends, my Tea drinking is almost legendary.  Not that I drink a lot you understand, just how I like it made.  Some days I wont even have a cup.  Other days I'll have one or maybe three.

But, I like my tea very milky with two sugars.  And not skim milk either, I refuse to buy skim milk.  I will drink a tea if it's not at those requirements if I'm at someone's house and I don't want to be impolite... but I won't enjoy it.

Here's how I like my tea:


When you are trying to lose weight, people always have suggestions for you.

"Why not just try it with skim milk? You won't be able to taste the difference."
Well, actually I can taste the difference, and it just doesn't taste as good frankly.

"What about using less milk then? Having that much milk anyway, you can't even taste the tea."
I've tried this too.  And sometimes I do drink tea this way when visiting someone and don't want to be impolite... and, I don't enjoy it as much.  I can taste the tea, and I like tea to be milky.

"Why not have it without sugar, or even just one sugar?  You'll get used to it quickly."
Well, actually I have spent big chunks of my life drinking tea without sugar or even less sugar and I just don't enjoy it as much.

"Well, why not use sugar replacements?"
Hmm.. thanks for your suggestion.  I've done this too.  And, as per the points above, it just doesn't taste as good.  Thanks though.

My boyfriend likes to joke whether I want a bit of tea with my milk.  Ha ha ha, darling.

I like my tea how I like my tea.  And until I stop liking it, or until I decide to drink it another way because my weight loss has plateaued then I will continue to drink it how I like it.

It's my little bit of normality... a bit of indulgence.  I've given up coke, and chocolate (most of the time!), and bread, and pasta and potatoes... all things I love.  Probably even more than a cup of tea.

So excuse me, I'm off to put the kettle on.

No comments:

Post a Comment